Our vision is to enable people within Surrey to enjoy the best possible health by commissioning healthcare services that meet local needs. This section of the website provides a list of local patient support groups, services and organisations available to you as a Surrey resident. We want to ensure that local health services meet the needs of our population - which is why we want everyone to get involved in the decision-making process. Please see our How To Get Involved section for more information.
Our hospitals run Patient Advice and Liaison Services, known as PALS. These services are free, confidential and available to everyone who uses the Trusts’ services, their families, carers or anyone who needs advice, information, support or guidance with a particular issue.
- Royal Surrey PALS
- Surrey and Borders Partnership PALS
- Ashford and St. Peters PALS
- Surrey and Sussex Healthcare PALS
- Epsom and St. Helier PALS
Surrey Family Information Service
The Surrey Family Information Service (FIS) is a free impartial information and signposting service for families with children aged 0 to 25 across Surrey. The FIS can help you find organisations and services that may be able to support your family including information about childcare, finances, parenting and activities in your local area.
Healthy Surrey can help you lead a healthier life, whether you want to be more active, stop smoking, drink less alcohol, or maintain a healthy weight.
You'll find self-care information, as well as signposting to local health and wellbeing services available to you as a Surrey resident.
You don't need a referral for most of these services – you can book an appointment yourself. Why not give it a go and make a change today?
Support Groups in Surrey
There are a wide range of services across Surrey offering help and support with a variety of issues that can affect your health and wellbeing. Some examples are below and you can find further information at the Healthy Surrey website.
- Cruse Bereavement Care - South West Surrey provides a service to anyone bereaved by death who lives in the Guildford, Surrey Heath and Waverley Borough Council areas.
- Guildford and Waverley Advice Services Network - a network of advice and information providers delivering services within the borough as well as those work with clients who have advice needs.
- Surrey Arrhythmia Support Group - Surrey's patient support group for Arrhythmia patients hold monthly meetings in Epsom.
- Surrey Against Domestic Abuse - a multi-agency partnership in Surrey, made up of organisations that deal, either directly or indirectly, with the effects of domestic abuse.
- Surrey Drug and Care (SDAC) - operates a helpline open to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to offer help and support for anyone who is concerned about the problems that drugs and alcohol cause.
- Sight for Surrey - committed to working with blind and partially sighted people in Surrey, and to provide services so they may lead fuller, more independent lives.
- TALK - a charity that supports people with aphasia and their families in Surrey. We have six groups in different parts of Surrey offering long-term social support to people with aphasia.
- Specialist Weight Management Service from Ashford and St. Peter’s Hospitals. This service offers patients from Surrey individually targeted, specialist, non-surgical weight loss support.
If you are a member of a support group which we have not listed, please contact us so we can promote your service across Surrey!